Friday, September 10, 2004

Birth Announcement

I'd like to take a moment to congratulate my friends Dianne and Andy on the birth of their new son, Kevin. It's been a long and eventful pregnancy, full of uncertainty and questions, as well as a renewed and strengthened faith in God to meet their needs. There have been tears and triumphs, longing and learning - and much prayer. Many complications have to date kept Kevin and his parents apart, but at long last, all the preparation and anticipation has come to fruition.

You see, Kevin was born a few years ago in Guatemala.
Yesterday, he became their son.

Since becoming a father myself, I have developed a particular weakness of sentiment with regards to the relationship of children and their parents. Sometimes I rage at their plight, when I read stories such as the recent tradgedy in Russia, but a much more common emotion for me is getting just a bit misty-eyed at the thought of these new beginnings. Today is no exception, and I know that both Dianne and Andy have worked hard to prepare themselves and their home for their long-awaited new arrival.

Little Kevin will finally meet his parents in about two weeks, when they travel to Guatemala to arrange his visa to come home to the United States.

In the meanwhile, let me encourage you to read Dianne's ongoing journals recording her transformation from hopeful to expecting to parent.

1 Comments:

Blogger TeamDandy said...

How sweet! Thanks for the post :-)

September 10, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Online Training
Site Meter