Thursday, June 30, 2005

What can Brown do for You?

Two nights ago, as we were watching TV, a commercial for some basketball-related something-or-other came on. Current stars of college hoops swooped and ducked, spun and launched themselves over their opponents to slam-dunk the ball. The vast majority of stellar talent was represented by tall, muscular black men.

My 4-year-old son really latched on to the imagery and launched himself into a frenzied pantomime of playing ball, complete with imaginary 3-pointers from behind the sofa.

"Daddy lookit me, I playing bassetball!"

So, I watched, amused at the display, until he had finished the game — at which point he solemnly approached me with a light in his eye.

"When I grown up and get brown, I gonna play bassetball on TV!"

1 Comments:

Blogger HeadCheese said...

Now you've crossed the line, Traci.

Your comments are completely out of character for someone who desires to work with children, much less serve as a director of a child-care facility. I wonder how parents would feel knowing someone as vindictive, petty and childish such as yourself is in charge of their child's well-being during the day. Would they be willing to entrust their children to a person with an unhealthy habitual obsession with harassment - one who now is directing her poison at an innocent 4-year-old child? How DARE you!

Since you are obsessed with finding fault in me, let me provide you with a free sample: your comments have proved time and time again that I was wrong to extend to you the benefit of the doubt about your lack of character. Your puerile behavior only serves to hurt those around you with embarrassment by association. I pity them.

Since you clearly are incapable of taking hints, let me be perfectly clear to you: You are not welcome here, if indeed you are welcome anywhere anymore.

Regardless of the name you use each time you visit, your computer and all details are logged. All comments are saved with the name of the computer, IP address, Internet Service Provider (yours, incidentally, has a posted policy prohibiting any activities that constitute harassment - look it up), user log-in and all identifying information.

July 13, 2005  

<< Home



Online Training
Site Meter